Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Got Diapers?

by angelica


a while ago we had a comment here on the site from the daughter of an NDS, suggesting that the syndrome might skip a generation as she apparently has great domestic skills herself. that might well be, as far as I know some research pertaining to that issue is actually underway and as soon as we hear anything we will of course post it here.

what got me thinking though was the fact that there WAS a daughter of an NDS sufferer to begin with. how did she survive???

I personally never wanted children – and for good reason as it turns out because how would I have fed them? dressed them? how could I have brought up kids without starving, maiming, displacing or who knows what doing or not doing to them …?

an incident that happened many years ago comes to mind: I was living in an apartment complex in the big city and one of my neighbors and friends had baby twins. I guess they were cute, I never really figured out what made people fawn over little screaming sausage-like things. and it seems to me that for several month you do nothing but constantly put something in at one end only for it to come out smelly at the other end. until one day the little sausage starts crawling along the floor and you have to put everything in your place at a height of at least 3 feet. but I’m digressing.

there was an emergency one day and my neighbor had to leave, without the babies and any time for explanations. my doorbell rang, she stuffed the babies in my arms “gotta go, here is the bag with their stuff (???), see you later”.

I won’t go into details but the kids did survive. no thanks to my “skills” of course but I guess babies are resilient and can live with a lot of shit. literally and up to their ears! (how am i supposed to know about diapers?)

my advice: if you are an NDS sufferer and are thinking of having kids – make sure you have the income for a full time nanny. and cook. and housekeeper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you all are just lazy. Everybody knows the Good Lord made women to take care of men, so we are born knowing how to cook and sew and clean. It comes naturally, just like it is natural for a man to fix a car and build things.

So stop making up excuses and use the good sense God gave you and take care of your men.

Anonymous said...

oh, oh, someone needs therapy!
your comment just proves how religion really screws up people!

by the way: the only thing coming to men naturally is putting their 'thing' into whatever hole they can find.
and to say these poor NDS sufferers are lazy... that is so wrong! as i understand it they have academic degrees and probably really fulfilled and rich lives.
they just have a problem with domestic stuff. i bet if they were men no one would even think that anything is wrong!