Friday, March 09, 2007

I'd Rather Power Drill...

by angelica


today I was in a sewing / fabric store. yes, you read that right, and yes, of course it happened accidently. I was walking along a strip mall and there were really cute easter things in front of one of the stores, so I went inside to look for more and found myself in a totally different universe!

I just wandered around in awe and saw things I never knew existed, let alone what they existed for: scrap fabric, dressmaker’s ham. seam roll. sounded like kitchen stuff to me.

then I discovered a “beginner’s sewing kit”. guess I’m a long way away from being a beginner – thimbles, gauges, bent trimmers, rippers, tracing wheels – are those english words???

then there were things in bulk that I once again had no idea what they were but it all reminded me of a hardware store and I immediately left for one to regain my equilibrium:

hex heads, bugle heads, screw eyes, eye bolts, hacksaws, wrenches, pliers – now we are talking!

yep. give me a power drill anytime, just not a sewing needle…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean, I always say I'd rather dig a ditch than cook a meal because when I'm done digging there will be a hole in the ground, but when I'm done cooking there won't necessecarily be anything edible.

Anonymous said...

Good words.